Hello Fellow Lions,
The meeting this month will be on June 9 and will be held at the Gazebo. Social hour will start at 6 PM and the meal at 7 PM. Ornery Uncle Roy’s BBQ will be providing ribs, party potatoes & corn casserole. Please have your calls for attendance into Jon by Monday, June 6.
Our Membership Drive kicked off 3 months ago. We have eight new members so far this year! Everyone is encouraged to ask one person to join the LPC Lions Club. Remember, the more, new members we can get into our club is the less time you have to spend in the beer tent or filling a position on the board. 😉
The Little Free Library project is nearing completion. Members have been assembling and painting the libraries. They should be available for use before the Festival.
The 2016-17 LPC Lions Club Board has been set.
- President – Heather Chingren
- 1st Vice President – Brandon Paine
- 2nd Vice President – Eric Zafft
- Treasurer – Neal Keegan
- Secretary – Shawn Mehlert
- Lion Tamer – Bob Hanson
- Tail Twister – Bill Judd
- Membership – Jon Barz
- Fireworks – Mike Chingren
- Blood Drive – Duane Slaikeu
- Directors – Dennis Runyan, Ron Mangrich, Dave Neil & Bill Starr
- The Board approved a $250 donation for Buddy Benches at the Elementary.
- The Board also approved a $100 donation to the Boy Scouts.
- What thoughts and ideas do you have for projects in the community?
Get a hold of Jon if you are interested in joining a committee or have an idea for a project.
Lastly, you should have received the Festival of Trails work schedule. Thankfully, for the new members, we were able to successfully fill in many blanks! If you find that you are scheduled for a time that conflicts with your schedule, please get a hold of another Lion to fill your spot. If you did not find your name in a spot on the work schedule, congratulations! Go ahead and schedule yourself in. 🙂
Writing Newsletters for President Jon Barz 🙂
Upcoming Calendar of Events
Blood Drive – June 8
Regular Meeting – June 9
Festival of Trails – June 17 & 18
Board Meeting – June 28
“If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.“